Adventure KidsFor children birth through 5th grade
For more information about any of our children’s offerings, please contact our children’s ministry coordinator, Ellen Griffin. We offer the following programming for children on Sundays at 9:35 and 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. unless otherwise stated.
- Stepping Stones: Nursery for children ages birth-2 years. Find out more.
- Foothills: Preschool-aged children learn through music, Bible stories and small group activities that God made them, God loves them and Jesus wants to be their friend forever.
- BaseCamp: For children K-5th grade. Includes a large group gathering for worship and teaching and a small group time with leaders. Children learn three basic truths: I need to make the wise choice, I can trust God no matter what and I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
- Children’s Church: During our 11:00 service, children in preschool-2nd grade will start off in worship with their families but have the option to leave for the second half of the service. In DC 300, volunteers guide children through a lesson and activities based on the sermon in a time designed for preschool and lower elementary. Alternatively, children can remain in worship for its entirety. We encourage our 3rd-5th graders to remain in worship with their parents. Please check in children before worship at the computer outside the nursery, at the Crossroads welcome desk, or in the DC lobby.
Children’s Music Opportunities:
- Sonshine Singers: for preschool children (during 9:35 Sunday programming).
- Children’s Choirs: for children in grades K-5. Find out more.
- Children’s Handbells: bell choir for children in grades 3-5. Find out more.
- IMPACT: Missions for Kids, Date Night for Parents!
Children in grades K-5 are led by our youth (grades 6-12) to learn what it means to make an IMPACT in the community and world through fellowship, dinner and a mission project. This quarterly event is held on a Friday evening from 6-8 p.m. in the CLC gym. Cost is $10 per child ($25 max per family). Registration is required. Email Ellen Griffin for more information. Your money covers the cost of dinner, project supplies, and also supports youth ministries. Future dates for IMPACT will be announced online and in the bulletin.
- Relay Exchange
Mothers intentionally connect with their daughters in a small group setting. Combines relationship and skill building with leadership training and Bible study. For elementary-aged girls and their moms. Small groups meet monthly in members’ homes.
WIGGLE SUNDAY! On Sunday, Dec. 31, there will be no children’s Sunday School or Children’s Church. We will welcome our children to participate in worship with their whole church family. All are encouraged to use this opportunity to help teach our children the importance of worshipping as a church family! Nursery will be provided as usual.
PARENTS OF 3rd-5th GRADERS: In January, we are starting a discipleship ministry for all 3rd-5th grade students. The program will help children build faith practices such as prayer, scripture study and service, along with providing opportunities to establish friendships with one another and with other families. An informational meeting for parents and students will be held Jan. 3 at 7 p.m. in DC 300. Contact Stuart Hall or Lisa Hall for more information.
FIND OUT MORE
Find out about what your kids are learning this month.
SPIRITUAL GIFTS QUIZ
Do you know what your spiritual gift is? (You may have been given more than one!) Find out more…
If you are considering baptizing your child, we invite you to meet with Pastor Amie Stewart and learn about our baptismal covenant. Contact Amie to schedule a time to meet.
Cub Scouts is for boys in 1st-5th grade who are looking for fellowship and adventure. We meet Mondays, 6:30-7:30 p.m., in the CLC. Come join us! Contact Warren Fields.