Adventure KidsFor children birth through 5th grade
For more information about any of our children’s offerings, please contact our children’s ministry coordinator, Ellen Griffin. We offer the following programming for children on Sundays at 9:35 and 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. unless otherwise stated.
- Stepping Stones: Nursery for children ages birth-2 years. Find out more.
- Foothills: Preschool-aged children learn through music, Bible stories and small group activities that God made them, God loves them and Jesus wants to be their friend forever.
- BaseCamp: For children K-5th grade. Includes a large group gathering for worship and teaching and a small group time with leaders. Children learn three basic truths: I need to make the wise choice, I can trust God no matter what and I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
- Children’s Church: During our 11:00 service, children in preschool-2nd grade will start off in worship with their families but have the option to leave for the second half of the service. In DC 300, volunteers guide children through a lesson and activities based on the sermon in a time designed for preschool and lower elementary. Alternatively, children can remain in worship for its entirety. We encourage our 3rd-5th graders to remain in worship with their parents. Please check in children before worship at the computer outside the nursery, at the Crossroads welcome desk, or in the DC lobby.
September Service Project for Kids:
In Sunday School we are learning that friendship is a reflection of the character of God through our “Lunchroom” theme. Everyone is asked to put this character trait into action by bringing in food donations for Feed the Kids, a mission that provides weekend snack bags to children who have little to eat at home. Kids, remind your parents to help you bring individually-portioned cereal, oatmeal, mac and cheese, granola bars, ramen noodles and soup.
Children’s Music Opportunities:
- Sonshine Singers: for preschool children (during 9:35 Sunday programming).
- Children’s Choirs: for children in grades K-5. Find out more.
- Children’s Handbells: bell choir for children in grades 3-5. Find out more.
- IMPACT: Missions for Kids, Date Night for Parents!
Children in grades K-5 are led by our youth (grades 6-12) to learn what it means to make an IMPACT in the Community and World through fellowship, dinner and a mission project. Our first quarterly event is Oct. 6 from 6-8 p.m. in the CLC gym. Cost is $10 per child ($25 max per family). Registration is required. Register online or email Ellen Griffin for more information. Your money covers the cost of dinner, project supplies, and also supports youth ministries. Future dates for IMPACT will be announced online and in the bulletin.
- Relay Exchange
Mothers intentionally connect with their daughters in a small group setting. Combines relationship and skill building with leadership training and Bible study. For elementary-aged girls and their moms. Small groups meet monthly in members’ homes.
Attention 3rd Graders and Parents: Now that you have your own Bible, it is time to learn how to use it! Parents and 3rd graders are invited to a special Bible Retreat on Oct. 22 from 2-3:30 p.m. at Peak UMC. Contact Ellen Griffin to RSVP or for more information.
Trunk or Treat! Our Apex UMC Family youth will host this safe and fun event for children in the community on Sunday, Oct. 29, from 5-7 p.m. in the Apex UMC parking lot. Youth small groups will decorate their car trunks and hand out candy to preschool- and elementary-aged children. Come out and join us!
FIND OUT MORE
Find out about what your kids are learning this month.
SPIRITUAL GIFTS QUIZ
Do you know what your spiritual gift is? (You may have been given more than one!) Find out more…
If you are considering baptizing your child, join us for this class as our baptismal covenant is explained. Children are welcome at this meeting but childcare is also offered. Oct. 8 and Dec. 12, 2:15-3 p.m., DC 400. Contact Amie Stewart.
Cub Scouts is for boys in 1st-5th grade who are looking for fellowship and adventure. We meet Mondays, 6:30-7:30 p.m., in the CLC. Come join us! Contact Warren Fields.