40-Day Bible Challenge
What is the 40-Day Challenge?
It is a way to make a commitment to read the Bible daily for forty days.
How does a 40-Day Challenge work?
- Identify a small group (2-5) to commit to starting a 40-Day Challenge.
- Make a commitment to each other to read the assigned scripture for 40 consecutive days. (See AUMC Suggested Reading 2018 and start on an agreed date.)
- Share your thoughts after reading the scripture with your small group daily. (Via, text, phone, email, or any other preferred communication means.)
- Reading the Word allows the Holy Spirit to speak directly to you.
- Recording your thoughts provides active listening and focus on the Word.
- Having a small group provides:
- mutual spiritual growth
- Reading and meditating on the Word becomes a natural desire of the heart.
- Spiritual growth increases inner joy and strength to face life’s challenges.
AUMC Suggested Reading 2018:
Beginning Jan. 7, Apex UMC will provide daily readings to support the sermon text and message each week. Your small group can start a 40-Day Challenge beginning any day, then commit to reading the Bible for 40 consecutive days.